Inspired by Bon Appétit, October 2009
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for brushing
- 2 cups 1/3-inch cubes crustless day-old bread
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 pound ground chicken white meat
- 1 pound ground chicken dark meat
- 2 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush 91/2 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
Toss bread with broth and milk in large bowl. Let stand until bread absorbs broth and softens, about 10 minutes. Mix in eggs, green onions, parsley, salt, cayenne pepper, thyme, carrots and 2 tablespoons oil.
Add chicken; mix just until blended. Transfer to pan, mounding in center. Bake until thermometer inserted into center registers 170°F, about 1 hour 25 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.