I wish I could say that I came up with this recipe but I didn’t. But someone at Cooking Light was for sure creating this recipe for me. If you like Middle Eastern tabbouleh but hate the crazy amount of parsley that some recipes have then this is the recipe for you too. It’s light, sweet and extremely healthy (only 197 calories per serving). I make this a lot, sometimes I make it and eat it by itself even though this is side dish. I use just one cup of cucumber instead of the two cups from original recipe.
Serves 8 – serving size: 1 cup
Cooking Light, November 2009
- 1 cup coarse-ground bulgur
- 1 cup cubed peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place bulgur in a large bowl; cover with 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Cover; let stand 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Add cucumber and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.