We’ll get our basket out and fill it with delicious and fresh goodies and then head out…
in our minds that is, because this is just a pretend picnic.
It’s 109 degrees outside… the trees’ branches are barely moving and as much as I like our great all-year-round weather, for me this is way too hot.
So I will continue to think about my imaginary picnic and eat this super easy and refreshing cucumber salad.
Adapted from Cooking Light, June 2012
Herby Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups thinly sliced cucumber (about 2 large)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
Combine the first 11 ingredients in a food processor or a blender, and process until well blended. Combine the cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with yogurt mixture, and toss to coat.